TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ELIGIBILITY TO RENT A BIKE
- Customer/Rider must be 21 years old.
- Rider must have a valid driving license.
- If not an Indian citizen, Rider must have a valid International driving license.
- The Rider must show the same to the representative of BIKE MONKEY available at location where possession of the vehicle is to be taken by the customer.
- Customer/Rider must provide a valid identity proof in original which includes Aadhaar card, Voter id, PAN card or Passport. Same shall be deposited at the time of pickup and returned to you after you drop off.
- A valid current address proof.
- Copy of Driving License.
- We may deny booking in case you fail to produce the documents at the time of pickup. No refund will be given in such case.
- BIKE MONKEY reserves the right to cancel any booking if deemed necessary.
THINGS INCLUDED IN YOUR RENTAL
- Unlimited kilometers (Except where specifically mentioned)
- One free helmet.
- Use of vehicle for 24×7 till drop off time.
· Fuel is totally on you. You will get the bike with a full tank and you have to return it back with a full tank or take our bike with complimentary fuel to reach nearest fuel station.
. A Pillion rider is allowed to you with no extra charges. However if he/she also intend to drive during your rent out period, a copy of valid driving license must be provided to us at the time of pickup.
- Customer will be provided a fully serviced bike.
- You must properly check out the bike before going on the ride.
- You take full responsibility to maintain serviceability of the bike. Any damages to the bike occurred during your rental period will solely borne by you.
- In case of any unfortunate accident leading to the death of the renter, you permit us and our partners to recover any damages to the bike from your legal heirs/ next of kin.
- Prior to taking any vehicle, the customer must document any pre-existing damage, and have the BIKE MONKEY representative acknowledge it as well. In case of any concerns, the customer may take photos at the start of the reservation and mail it to [email protected] MONKEY*.in. Otherwise, the customer may be held liable for any damage reported after the reservation.
- Customer can not use our vehicles for towing or pulling any other vehicle.Such abuse shall be chargeable with a fine of INR 3000.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on Bike Monkey vehicles.Any mark of smoking on our vehicle/accessories has to be replaced by the customer with original parts/accessories, in addition to INR 500/- as fine.
- Customer shall not use the tank of our Bikes for putting luggage.Any damage of paint/dent shall be chargeable with a fine of INR 1000 -1500.
DRIVING RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Customer must follow all the traffic rules while driving, in case of any negligence BIKE MONKEY will not be liable. All the traffic challans raised during the driving period, will have to be paid by the rider himself.
- BIKE MONKEY will not be liable to any consequences if the rider is riding under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs. In Case of any accident under the influence of alcohol or drug, the rider has to pay the damage charges and has to face legal proceedings if any.
- Drive under the prescribed speed limit. Don’t forget we are tracking your ride and speed. Fine as applicable under traffic rules for overspeeding will be chargeable to you only.
- You should always wear a helmet while riding.
- You cannot use our bikes for racing purposes without our written permission. BIKE MONKEY may impose a penalty of Rs 25,000/- for such abuse of bike.
- You are also not permitted to make any stunts such as wheelie, stoppie, burnout etc using our rental vehicle. A penalty of Rs 30,000/- will be chargeable to you if found to be involved in such abuse of our bikes.
- In case of engine fault or failure, the customer needs to contact the vendor or Field Executive before getting any repairs done. The original printed invoice is mandatory to claim reimbursement for the same.
- Driving under the influence of Alcohol/Drugs is strictly prohibited. BIKE MONKEY will not be responsible to compensate for any mishaps and their consequences in such cases. The customer will be liable to pay for all damages to the vendor for the same.
- Customer needs to present a valid Driving License at the time of picking up the vehicle.
- Documentation-1 – Zero Cash Deposit – Original Passport + Copy of Driving License.
- Documentation-2- Zero Cash Deposit – Post Dated Cheque + Copy of Drving License + Any Govt.ID proof(Adhar card or Voter ID in original)
- Documentation-3- Rs.2000/- cash + Copy of Driving License + Any Govt.ID proof(Adhar card or Voter ID in original.
EXTENSION OF THE TRIP
- You must rebook your bike by logging in to your account and rebook the bike.Any booking after the drop off time shall attract the penalty as per Bike Monkey Terms.
- Extension of the trip depends on the availability of the bike and prevailing rates at that time.
BIKE RETURN POLICY
- You must return the bike on assigned time in fully serviceable condition. Any damages or failures will be charged up to the amount to make a bike serviceable using genuine spare parts of the bike.
- Late returns up to 15 minutes of drop off time are accepted without any extra charges, thereafter INR 100/- per hour will have to be payable by you.
- You must drop the bike at the same location from where you picked it up.
- You can’t leave or abandon the bike without written permission of BIKE MONKEY. There is a fine up to full security forfeit as well as legal action will be taken against you.
- You are also not permitted to give the bike to any other unauthorized riders during your rent out period.
- In case a customer feels that they will be late for the drop, they should call the field executive or customer care and ask for a trip extension. Extensions are subject to availability.
- In case of damages to the motorcycle due to accidents or otherwise, you are liable to pay the full amount to make the bike serviceable and also have to pay the per day rental till the time bike will be available for renting again.
- In case of theft of vehicle, full value of a new motorcycle has to be paid by the rider.
- In case of loss of helmet, rider will have to pay Rs. 500 -1000/-.
- All the traffic challans/ penalties for violation of traffic rules is the sole responsibility of the rider and must be paid off to traffic authorities or to us if we receive E-Challan.
- The use of a BIKE MONKEY vehicle under the following conditions is prohibited:-
- any speed race or competition;
- for the purpose of towing, pushing, or propelling any trailer or any other vehicle;
- for the primary business purpose of transporting people or operating a taxi service;
- in the carrying out of any crime or any other illegal activity;
- in an imprudent, negligent, or abusive manner or for any abnormal use of this vehicle;
- by any person who has provided BIKE MONKEY with false information or whose representations are determined to be false (including, without limitation, regarding his name, age, or address);
- driving while using a mobile phone or any other mobile communication device in any manner whatsoever, including while sending an SMS, emailing, using a cell phone with or without a hands-free device, otherwise using a mobile communication device that may distract you from driving or otherwise engaging in similar activities that may be prohibited by applicable law;
- Using BIKE MONKEY vehicle to transport flammable, poisonous, or otherwise hazardous substances for other than legally permissible household use or in amounts greater than what is usually consumed in a household.
- Transporting more passengers than the prescribed seating capacity of the vehicle by manufacturer of the vehicle.
- Carrying objects whose possession has been deemed illegal by the Indian penal code.
- Carrying weapons or any sharp or inflammable object which may cause damage to the vehicle or endanger human life.
- Carrying any other objects which compromises the stability, safety or performance of the vehicle and/or the passengers.
- BIKE MONKEY vehicles must not be used for transporting objects that could – due to their size, shape, or weight – adversely impact the vehicle.
- BIKE MONKEY vehicles can be used only in the Republic of India. Use of the vehicles is subject to the laws of India. The vehicle cannot be driven in areas where entry is prohibited by the central or state government.
- The foregoing examples are not intended to be an exhaustive list. Any unreasonable, unwarranted, illegal, unethical or inappropriate use of a BIKE MONKEY vehicle except the personal use for travel, as determined by BIKE MONKEY in its sole discretion, may be deemed a violation of these terms and conditions. BIKE MONKEY may report to the authorities any use of a BIKE MONKEY vehicle or other activities that are in violation of local, state, and/or national law or in violation of these terms and conditions.
. 0-24 hours before start of the trip – The entire amount paid by the customer will be
forfeited as cancellation fee and there will be no refund for those cancellations.
. Prior to 24 hours of the start of the trip – 25% of the amount paid by the customer
will be charged as cancellation fees and rest 75% will be refunded.
. If any booking is cancelled by Bike Monkey due to non availability or for any unforeseen
circumstances,then full refund will be initiated.
. Bike Monkey has full authority to cancel the booking without prior notice.
- In case of any legal dispute or conflict between BIKE MONKEY and its customers arising from the services of BIKE MONKEY, the sole and exclusive jurisdiction lies with the courts of Pune (Maharashtra) India.